Ramble On

Sunday, August 07, 2005

TRC Pt. II

Ok I'm back at least for a little bit.

Its the next day since I wrote and now I'm again at work bored out of my tree typing this from the front cash - absolute no no...I'd be in trouble if there were anyone here to care about it lol.
so I might not write much on the chance I get busy like I just did with having to ring one person through the cash...Oddly enough we are short staffed today but we're not busy...ironic.

Anyhow work is boring and I don't want this entry to reflect the boredom that courses thru my veins right now. So back to TO and the Kings of Leon show....

Wow. Not in a long while have I been at a show where the crowd was totally into the band and singing along to all the tunes, and just rocking out. It definitely helped matters that the band (which consists of 3 brothers and one cousin) were totally in the groove and just rocking it.
They have a sorta Black Crowey/Lynryd Skynyrd/Southern Rock sound to them with the cok factor kicked up a notch. And rock they did. The first 2 acts had left Steve and I practically unconscious with sleepiness and no excitement...so it was a great salvation to the evening to get our socks rocked off.

And the backdrop...a huge mural of a very stereotypical Native American with feathers in his hair and a tomahawk and Steve and I definitely thought that very few bands could pull that off without seeming racist or in bad taste. But they rocked, with Caleb Followil, lead singer and rhythm guitarist singing nonstop going all over the place with his vocal abilities and just getting the full power and emotion out of each song. His Brothers Jared on Bass and Nathan on Drums (unfortunatly now missing his fucking sweet ass beard) and cousin Matthew on Lead Guitar definitely grew up playing together and it shows live.

I have to say I was definitely looking forward to this but also a bit hesitant in case they were all hype, which has definitely happened before with bands that get touted as being some kick ass shit end up being just plain shit. Not so with these lads. The show was loose but tight, like a runaway freight train who's conductor - Caleb, knew just how fast to drive without de-railing. This is pure 70s country southern stoner rock tweaked for the 21st century and it kicks ass.

Funnily enough Lynyrd Skynyrd's Saturday Night Special just came on K-Rock as I was writing this which seems appropriate. On a sidenote that song is perfectly used in the movie The Longest Yard, the Burt Reynolds one, but I also must give props to the new Adam Sandler movie for also using the same song in the same scene at least for a bit.

anyhow my boss called and is coming in to pickup a canoe so I'll check u cats later with my review of the new Dukes of Hazzard movie which I saw last night...

10-4 Good Buddy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home