Ramble On

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Can you identify who spoke these words?

I just came across this, and I think in a nutshell, it pretty much sums up what happened to Much Music and MTV, and why they're worthless now unless you want to see the Surreal Life 17 (The Guy from Chumbawumba, Eric Carmen, Monica Lewinsky, a Chimp named Bubbles, and some guy with tattoos).

"This is an emergency crisis we're in. The entertainment media is affecting everything on the planet in a very negative way. I'm only interested in rock 'n' roll. Rock 'n' roll is a music that represents truth. Your TV channel has taken the word "rock" and knocked the "roll" off the end. You made rock this umbrella term for everything. That's wrong. Shakira isn't rock. These country artists with fur coats aren't rock - or country. I offered a video to VH1 of my band playing in the studio and they don't want to air it because it had musicians playing in it. They want some babe walking on the beach or whatever. I got turned onto this music by watching the Beatles and the Rolling Stones actually on TV playing their guitars. It completely took me over. When you can't see musicians playing any more, I'm not interested any more."

I'll take your guesses, and bonus if you don't have to google it.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home