Ramble On

Friday, February 29, 2008

2 Movies to avoid like the plague

Usually I reserve my movie reviews for things I think are worth watching or would be stupid to miss...well after a few of the movies I've seen recently, I'm going to divert from that and tell you what movies to avoid...

1) Licence to Wed: Robin Williams is funny. But even if you gave Jesus Christ material like that to work with, he'd be hardpressed to squeeze laughs out. Mandy Moore does her best to annoy the crap out of me, that guy from the Office John Krakinski? (spelling?) is ok but such a limp noodle of a character the only reason you have any interest is so that Mandy Moore's character gets told off. The 2 go to marriage counselling from Reverand Robin...funny premise but other than a few one liners by Williams and a scene with training babies, there's no reason here to watch. I want 85 minutes of my life back...I think that was karma for killing insects when little....

2)Good Luck Chuck:Dane Cook is also Funny. This movie is not. Every woman he sleeps with breaks up with him and gets married to dream man. He meets Jessica Alba (not the hottest Jessica at all. Biel by a mile, then Simpson in Dukes of Hazzard when her mouth is shut) and wants her but has to not sleep with her...hahaha. some funny slapstick stuff, but then when he starts acting like an idiot we're supposed to forget how together and with it he was to get all these girls in the first place? lame lame lame lame, and the ending is even lamer.

This once again reinforces why I watch Will Ferrell, Adam Sandler, and anything featuring Seth Rogen or anyone in that crew. YOU ACTUALLY LAUGH. If you don't like them fair enough, but for me, I like them and laugh, so I know the formula usually works. I can see Billy Madison and still laugh, so I will watch it and avoid more crap like this written by monkeys. All the more reason to see something funny.
Steve I must agree with you Juno was at least funny, and 100 million times better than either of these 2 movies. I usually like comedies and most of you who know me know I will watch anything almost, so that must tell you how bad this shit was.
Please do yourself a favour and avoid developmental difficulties which will result if you watch these movies...your future children will thank you when they don't drool and wear helmets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home