Ramble On

Monday, December 31, 2007

Playoff Picks

Before I get to the Playoff picks a few more comments: 1 - poor poor poor Cleveland...I really wanted to see them in the show. Derek Anderson should be happy and Romeo Crennel definitely can sleep easier now; his job is safe. I hope they turn into a real team because that would make the AFC North an awesome division...sorta like the NFC East, a tough slugfest division. Even though the AFC South was the division to be in if you wanted to be good this year. Speaking of AFC North...in another case of 'what have you done for me lately?' Brian Billick was fired...try giving him a QB with some receivers and maybe...plus that great D can't always win games.
2 - Tennessee almost didn't beat Jim Sorgi...and it took Kerry Collins to make sure they did! I don't see a long run for the Titans minus Vince Young. Also nice class to Tony Dungy for making sure Reggie Wayne stayed in long enough to get to 100+ receptions and 1500+ yards...great for him though I'm sure that will end up costing the Colts front office a cool Million$ or so in bonus money, all of which he deserves with no Marvin all year nearly.
3 - Redskins...I don't think I need say more, even if it was only the B team Cowboys...it was only Todd Collins.

Now to the picks:
Wildcard weekend:
Redskins over Seahawks - I see too much momentum and emotion having been built for the Skins to get knocked out on Saturday. Seattle wouldn't be a playoff team in the AFC where they used to wallow in obscurity...hell the Arizona Cardinals would have been in for the NFC West if they had won one more game against Seattle. Hasselback has always been overrated, and his sister in law is more famous than he is for fighting with Rosie anyhow. Shaun Alexander...doesn't make me quiver in fear, but their D line is ok with Kearney. Still, I see Joe Gibbs motivating a team that no one would have questioned had their season fallen apart, and their Cinderella-ish run (a la Saints last season) continuing...

Jaguars over Steelers - is this even considered an upset? Seeing as how we've already seen it happen in the last month? This time there isn't even a Willie Parker for the Black and Yellow...and this isn't the steel jawed Bill Cohwer era Steelers, though Mike Tomlin is very good. I see the tandem of Jones-Drew and Taylor being the difference maker...if Parker was playing then I see it coming down to who can manage the game better: Big Ben or David (barely an INT) Gerrard (on a separate note, has there been a White QB on the JAX roster since Brunell was there? - this being a good thing not a complaint). Jags are the team no one wants to meet in the playoffs for a reason...

Giants over Bucs - wow I could say I hardly care about this game and I think many would agree with me...might we have the lowest ratings of the 4 games this weekend? Methinks yes. I pick the Giants solely because their performance against the Patriots was impressive, and I think they get their shit together at the right time. Bradon Jacobs is a beast, Tiki who? and the old man show of Jeff Garcia and Joey Galloway isn't going to do all that much, but then again I have seen no Bucs games this year at all...where's that Chris Simms kid? and remember when they wanted Jake the Snake? I'd say things worked out just fine and Jeff Garcia is proving a winner, last year in Philly as well, 49ers, I think he might even have been on one of the better Browns teams of past years...so Giants, just b/c I've seen them play a few, but if Eli plays Eli then all bets are off.

Chargers over Titans - this is the easiest pick of the weekend for me. Vince Young with a sore quad means Kerry Collins, who though capable, will not pose much threat to the Bolts, I see Merriman eating him up. Chris Brown and LenDale White, Travis Henry, you are no LT, Michael Turner and Darren Sproles...lol. Bo Scaife is not even in the same stratosphere as Antonio Gates, and Phillip Rivers can hold his shit together hopefully. He will actively have to lose the game for his team. LT LT and LT some more...

so your winners to sum up: Skins, Jags, Giants, Bolts.

which sets up:
Skins @ Dallas
Giants @ Green Bay
Jags @ New England....thats a game I won't miss...I can almost see the castle collapsing now...
Chargers @ Indy...another possibly interesting game...could you imagine Jags @ Bolts for AFC title??? nice.

enjoy the games.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home