Ramble On

Monday, December 17, 2007

Cele-Brett This one.

Ok that might be my worst pun of all time, but we'll see if any other journos use it, if not then I'm surprised, or just a lot of editors have better taste than mine.

I would write about how much snow there was and how in Ottawa, it wasn't even all that more than we've had in previous 3-5 snowstorms IN THE LAST 3 WEEKS!, but we all know it, snow snow snow ya, I like it and it didn't affect me working at home and all...suckers...

Instead I just wanted to acknowledge the biggest milestone so far in Brett Favre's milestone season, which, thanks to Michael Westbrook and co., may even have his Packers as top seed in the NFC? (Honestly Who the F would have predicted that in August, or even October) Favre is the most prolific passer in NFL history, along with having thrown the most TDs, won most as a starter, and not missed a game since I was in grade 7 I think.

I enjoy this for reasons twofold: Primarily, though I am a Rams fan (and yes how interesting for it to come in STL against my team, I kind of find it fitting, though maybe it should have come against a more classic rival, like the Vikes or Bears, but I'm not going to be choosey, and this way its more likely Steve will appreciate it than it coming against the men in purple [wow that sounds far more gay than I had thought]) I have always been a fan of the Favre, and just how he plays the game, sometimes shooting from the hip instead of being a game manager like Ben Rothlisberger or a Field Technician like Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. Brett Favre always, always seems to have heart on the field, and the sheer enjoyment you see in him when he runs down to hug a receiver who catches one of his TDs is always nice. He seems like the game keeps him young, so why walk away? Hell the way he's playing he's in the Pro Bowl. All this after he was written off. So back to this, first reason, Favre is one of my faves, and always will be.
Farvre looking like Grizzly Adams Above, and in days gone by with the Ginormous Neck Vein Judo posing Marino.

The Second reason is a little more petty...I hate Dan Marino. Despise, fart in his general direction, scoff, bite my thumb at him and so on and so forth. He's a douche, the WORST actor I've ever seen (remember Ace Ventura? - Don't tell me that Something about Mary wasn't better than that) and he's not even a winner. John Elway was always his biggest rival, and I'm sorry but even before Elway won back-to-back Super Bowls and then rode off into the sunset in the perfect way (with no Jordanesqye returns), he was always the better QB to me. If I had to come from behind I'd take Elway in a second. If I had to inspire I'd take Elway, hell, if I had to scramble and dive over into the endzone and get spun silly in the process...Fuck who am I kidding, you all know you'd never see Marino do that. Marino simply had the stats, and the stats seemed to mean more to him than they should have. He made the Super Bowl yes, but so what. Elway made the Super Bowl, lost, then made it back again. I also hated how Marino was on CBS NFL broadcasts when Shannon Sharpe or Boomer Esiason would tease him about Favre getting to the TD record, he didn't seem like he was at all pleased, whereas if Peyton Manning stays healthy and breaks Favre's record somewhere down the road, then I could see Favre being more than happy for him. I have no idea how Marino reacted to the yardage record and I don't care, but hahaha. I guess the Dolphins had to win today just so Marino wouldn't have to hear about losing the record and his team blowing goats.

So in summation, your honour...Favre rules, Marino drools. (wouldn't that be a great closing statement?)


2 Comments:

  • At 2:41 PM , Blogger Stephen Johns said...

    Fuck. Brett. Favre.

     
  • At 4:06 PM , Blogger Gavin27 said...

    hahahaha

    You're great you know that?
    I hope we get to be old and you're still holding forth to your opinions and don't go soft like so many others do.
    But you haven't told me how you feel about Dan Marino?
    in fact, we should have a poll/discussion of best worst QBs

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home