Ramble On

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Facebook...the new Crack?

I just had to get this out of my system...in the last 3-4 months, I'd say virtually 3/4 of the people I know have been like "Dude, you HAVE to join facebook, its soo cool. You can see and reconnect with people from high school and other stuff" Well first of all, the only people from High School that I want to be still connected to, I am, by a marvelous technological invention called the telephone. There's another amazing one called "Electronic Mail" or "email" for short. And if that isn't enough, then there's this amazing invention called Instant Messaging, or IM, which can be done on a program such as MSN Messenger.
Wow. So explain to me why I should get onto something, yet another "new rage" for keeping touch with people, especially when I barely hear from the people on my MSN, who are either always online and "away" or "busy"? I remember ICQ, that came and went, no big loss, MSN, not all the rage it once was...but still, the people I really want to be in contact with, I do this weird thing called "phoning them" or god forbid, "Visit or socialize with them in person". I'm sorry but I am on the computer all day for work as it is, the last thing I want to do is go home again and check up on the computer again. Yes I may have a blog but those of you who read it realise I'm obviously not on here that much or i'd write so much more...
There's far more out there than the internet people, are we controlling our lives, or are we controlled by the technological things in our lives?
I may sound like a dinosaur on this one, but tough shit.
So thats why you won't be seeing me on facebook anytime soon...and if you do, its because I had a full frontal lobotomy. Or some chick said it would be cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home