Ramble On

Saturday, November 05, 2005

That made my day.

The other day, while at Trailhead, where I work, it was a usual quiet weekday in downtown Kingston in late October, when one of the guys I work with came up to the cash, where most of us were standing around, and proclaimed: "I finally figured out who you remind me of Gav".
So I said ok who? and he says "John Cusack in High Fidelity".
Well needless to say, I'm not sure if that was intended as a compliment or an insult, more likely than not just an observation, but it made my day.
For an audiophile such as myself, thats quite a compliment, and yes I do also realise that makes me also a very surly cranky person who obsesses about things, but this is also true.
Unfortunately I dont' yet own my own record store, nor do I have Jack Black as my employee, but were I to do so, then Steve Johns, you would be first on the list for employee of the month.

I think that assessment also relates to an earlier entry about how Nick Hornby's writing seemed to have hit the nail on the head for me and seems right on with how my brain works many times. This just seems to have reinforced it, and well thats ok with me.

PS. I apologize for the rather masturbatory self-absorption of this entry, but I figured someone might appreciate it, and if not then I can come back and look at it many years down the road.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home