Ramble On

Saturday, August 19, 2006

I'm Back

After the overwhelming (ie. Paul, Gulley, and Jared) response, I have decided there is enough readership to continue in this pursuit. Happily I might add, cause I'd have been irked if I heard nothing. That and I have something to write about.

Rahul's Wedding!
Most of the readership were either there, or telephoning from overseas multiple times (good on ya Hatcher), but nonetheless, a brief summation of events.
Friday night, we arrived in Girard about 11-1115...found the Holiday Inn by midnight due to the directions saying turn right after the offramp, not left so we went all over in the pitch black until the Shell station guy (behind bulletproof glass no less) told us it was on the other side of the highway....sheepish oops here.
Got in to check in to be greeted by loud shouts from Tyler and Connor, both of whom I hadn't seen in nearly 3 years, so twas good to see them, drunk as they were, returning a golf bag (as Connor said, like good Canadian boys). Also managed to find the party and see Rahul for the first time since Grad and give him the big congrats about 8 hrs before the event. better late than never...Steveo managed to be quite the drinker this time, and thanks to Connor for the Budweiser gift I hadn't been expecting. I apologize for not sticking around to party more, but I had been on the road for over 12 hrs at that point...who the fuck does road construction at night anyhow? (Ohio and Pennsylvania I scoff in your general direction..) and did anyone else think that Highway 11 in Ohio was the most desolate place on earth at night?? I had visions of a horror movie ending...

That concludes Friday...stay tuned for the brief rendition of the rest of the events of the Rahul weekend....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home