Ramble On

Friday, April 07, 2006

april showers bring rain. its that simple people

Once again apologies for letting it slide 2+ weeks between entries but I really haven't been in touch with my muse so to speak, and anything I would have written would have been utter crap, and well maybe its not that different from what I usually spew out, but I like to pretend that I have some shred of accountability to the few people who read this, and as such I won't subject you to crappy pap.

Is it just me or when the fuck did it become April? Hell I still remember February, but maybe thats because March flew by in a whirl. I won't bore you with details of work, but needless to say its been either super busy in the office or super dead on the floor. Which makes it tiring no matter which one you're subjected to.

You know, maybe I don't actually have anything to write about...I guess its just one of those "I'll feel better if I get something written down" feelings. The great thing about April however, is that it means Spring isnt that far away, but in Kingston, April seems to be the new month for SNOW. Of course we couldn't have snow during the actual winter, but hit April and then lets just have a dumping of it. Also seems like it wasn't April showers this year but March showers, which is why we have April Flowers instead of May, but the snow seems to be killing those April flowers so we might have May Deadflowers...

Anyhow, the other things I'm looking forward to are the coming of warmer weather (eventually) the beginning of the paddling and camping season, as well as the new concert season of which I plan to make a few more appearances, including at Steve's beloved Pearl Jam, who I by the way am also a devotee of, but feel that I am not even close to the level of committment he shows. I've only been to 2 shows in 5 yrs of theirs, but loved both, and now I have the chance to make it 2 shows in a little over 7 months. (as opposed to steves 7 shows in 6 days heroics).

Also want to give a belated shout out to Jeremiah Joseph, Burner, JJ Clutch and all the other nicknames Sage gave himself, as he hit the big 2-6 one day before Gulley did. April 4 that is. Once I find some decent pictures I'll be posting them on here as well, seeing as how that's something I've never done.

April also brings something back long missing from my life...the playoffs! What a joy it will be to have no Maple Leafs in to hear about, but still be able to cheer the real team, les Habitants. Also think I oughta go see a game, it is about time to pop my NHL cherry. (Yes I Gavin have NOT been to an NHL game before - shock and awe and disgust from Steve soon to come my way yes I deserve it) I know Jared you've been wanting to go so maybe we'll road trip it to the MTL or even *gasp* OTT? (but no that doesn't make me a Sens fan Steve, I'd never do that to a good friend).

So pretty much what I'm saying is that I tend to hibernate in winter much like the Ursus Major that I tend to resemble in attitude as well (a grumpy bear that wants a nap, to some of you non-Latin speaking peeps). So April will hopefull let me wake up and get going and maybe also keeping a better handle on this blog so I don't lose the few of you that actually take the time to check it out (thanks by the way, my wee ego does like that little boost when I know someone has actually read it, but comments help too!)

So in closing, thanks for the faith, and once I work at this I'll get some of your links up there too.

Cheers, Keep it Real homies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home