Ramble On

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

A Killer to Break up the Monotony

Finally something entertaining here at the old storefront...this summer, and more specifically this week, has been BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRING.
Just as I was about ready to start sleeping with my eyes open a la Bob Cole, in walks the Killer himself, Doug Gilmour and his 2 sons.
After making sure it was him and not his brother or cousin (Kingston is full of Gilmours) I went up to see if I could help, and did so with shoes for him and his kids and wife. Not anything earth shattering, but if you see him walking around with a pair of white holey soles, thats me ;)
Also managed to avoid dumbass syndrome but not saying "hey aren't you...?" or any other lame remarks. Good stuff cause he probably gets that a lot.
He was probably in the store for only about 20 minutes but its the most excitement I've had in a while.
Anyhow, just thought I'd pass that on to you all, and ask for any other celebrity/sports folks run-in stories anyone has.
Steve nothing in the HHOF counts.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:54 PM , Blogger gulldogg said...

    I met Phil Collins' and James Taylor's bass player, Leland Sklar, in Prague last October. You couldn't miss the guy if you knew what he looked like (google his image!). Really nice guy, who actually seemed more interested in me and my life than I was in his...go figure.

    My sisters both met Doug Gilmour. Did I ever tell you Gav that I was at the very game where he got his 1,000th NHL point? Pretty awesome, and it was my first time ever in Maple Leaf Gardens...I'll never forget it!

     
  • At 6:31 AM , Blogger Gavin27 said...

    no kidding, thats pretty cool.
    ahh MLG...its like MSG but better

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home