Ramble On

Sunday, April 29, 2007

A Football type of post

I must have been bored yesterday, or maybe just lethargic...but I did something I've never done before...I watched the NFL Draft...but I couldn't handle the whole thing. I made it about as far as the Rams pick at #13 (on the odd chance that after Miami passed on BQ that we might get him, or even get him to trade, but I'm glad we didn't, instead a solid DE for that Hazlett defence). It was pretty standard pedestrian fare until the 9th pick when Brady Quinn looked like he was about to get up out of his seat only to have to sit his ass back down...oh snap.
Kudos to Commissioner Roger Goodell, who had the decency to let the boy escape the media scrutiny when he was on the verge of tears or at least some sort of tirade.
Not that exciting, and then the coverage turned to why he wasn't taken, what his weaknesses were, funny how right up until that #9 pick they were falling all over themselves about his awesomeness...sure shows how 2-faced sports announcers can be, trying to get off a bandwagon.
In draft related news, congrats Mr. Johns, I'm sure you're not too upset about landing Adrian Peterson...
Its been a great offseason for the Rams, with additions such as: Drew Bennett, Randy McMichael, Dante Hall, wow. Yes I know we lost Kevin Curtis and Shaun MacDonald, both good WRs, but small fast guys, and I think we did need some bigger tougher receivers, and in Hall, the return man who we've always been needing for years.
I also like some additions on the D and the NFL West should be renamed the Wild West...I could see anyone other than Arizona winning the division.
So thats it, just a quick update on the football related world.
Steve, I'd be interested to hear your take on the Vikes offseason moves...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home