Ramble On

Saturday, February 19, 2011

True Grit = Truely Great

So I'm trying to copy my review from Facebook here, but it won't seem to do that...so I'll just link it instead.
I loved this movie. I love, and continue to love Jeff Bridges. I will reserve Oscar decisions until I see the other 3 movies on my list this week (127 Hours, The Fighter, and the King's Speech), except to say that Hailee Steinfeld should win Best Supporting Actress for sure. Bridges won last year of course, so I'm not holding breath for him to repeat, but he makes a damn fine case for it.
It goes without saying, you have to see this movie. I've loved Westerns since I was old enough to watch movies. This would be one I'd use to convert non-believers who dismiss them as one-dimensional.
So good, I almost want to go back to the theater today.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home