Ramble On

Friday, September 01, 2006

September? get out of town.

What the heck happened?
Its September?
wow.
ok well without further adieu: Top Songs of the summer

I have to admit it wasn't a super new summer music wise, mostly old faves and some ubiquitous ones.

in no particular order:

1)Dani California - RHCP
2) The Raconteurs - Steady as she Goes
3) Crazy - Gnarls Barkley
4) Woman - Wolfmother
5) Life Wasted - Pearl Jam
6) Crazy Bitch - Buckcherry
7) Shoot to Thrill - ACDC
8) I Bet that You Look Good on the Dancefloor - Arctic Monkeys
9) The Weight - The Band
10) Don't Run Our Hearts Around - Black Mountain

There is about an approximation of what I've subjected my ears to the most this summer. Perhaps not the most original but also not the most obvious list ever.
Just didn't seem to do the Albums this summer...

Anyhoo, I welcome any and all feedback or your particular choice cuts from Summer 2006.

4 Comments:

  • At 5:36 AM , Blogger gulldogg said...

    You should check out the song "Soul City" by Southern Culture on the Skids.....that is all for now!

     
  • At 6:25 AM , Blogger Liver-Paul said...

    My top 5 of the summer:
    1. The Zutons - Why Won't You Give me Your Love
    2. Milburn - Send in the Boys
    3. Arctic Monkeys - Leave Before the Lights Come on
    4. The Raconteurs - Steady As she Goes
    5. Rogue Traders - Voodoo Child

     
  • At 12:17 PM , Blogger Gavin27 said...

    how are those Zutons Paul?
    I read a few good things and a few bad things...whats an apt comparison?

    ps. the draft is done and teams are set for the Birch Invitational FFL.

     
  • At 6:47 AM , Blogger Liver-Paul said...

    The Zutons are from Liverpool, Gav, so I'm sort of required to like them! You can compare them to any British Indie-Rock band really - if you fancy checking them out, Pressure Point, Valerie, and the forementioned Why Won't You Give Me Your Love are a good place to start.

    I would have accepted your invitation to join your league, but my knowledge of the NFL is limited to knowing the rules, and the names of the teams, so it probably wasn't in my best interests ;)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home