Ramble On

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Only in America...pathetic doesn't even begin to express what I think of this

Well I've been inspired, or rather enraged enough to write a new entry...
http://www.tsn.ca/mlb/news_story/?ID=208744&hubname=
This is a story on the TSN website about the Cardinals pitcher who was killed in a car accident a few weeks ago, at the time I thought what a shame, not again, after the death of Darryl Kile a few years ago...well after reading this...Enraging. I know the father is in pain but for God's sakes...
I'm at work so I can't vent the real anger this makes me feel...
I might follow up later on, if not please readers, read this and give your feedback.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:39 AM , Blogger Stephen Johns said...

    Actually, the restaurant *is* technically liable for Hancock's blood/alcohol level--I didn't learn much from Smart Serve, but I certainly learned that the person who gets someone drunk and then lets them leave is completely responsible for whatever they do, and as such are liable to incur legal penalties. Not just in America--here, too. Although that doesn't change the fact that Americans are lawsuit happy...

     
  • At 2:52 PM , Blogger Gavin27 said...

    Yes it was more the letigiousness of the situation, such as sueing the tow truck company and such...
    Apparently that law is in the midst of being re-examined due to enough cases where there were many discrepancies. But then again I have been to Mike Shannon's, and there is no way they would ever stop serving a Cardinal drinks. No excuse mind you...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home